Lawful Permanent Residency by Family Relationship

One of the ways a foreign national can receive lawful permanent resident status in the United States is by becoming the beneficiary of a petition submitted by a qualifying family member on behalf of the beneficiary. The qualifying family member can file the petition on behalf of the benefiting relative only if the former is a Legal Permanent Resident or US citizen. The qualifying family relationship to file a family member petition can be:

  • Husband or wife
  • Parent or child
  • Brother or sister.

Qualifying for relative relationships is subject to a series of complex rules.

Request a Free Case Evaluation

Submit a risk-free chargeless consultation inquiry with your immigration attorney