Fiancé(e) Visa – K-1

If you are a US citizen and are planning to get married in the US, and your fiancé(e) is not a U.S. citizen located abroad, you have the right to file an I-129 petition with USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services). Once the petition is approved, your fiancé(e) can receive a K-1 visa at the US Consulate or Embassy overseas, prior to entering the territory of the United States.

Within 90 days from entering the US, your marriage should take place. Otherwise, if the marriage does not occur in the above mentioned period, or in the case your fiancé(e) marries someone other than you, he/she will be demanded to leave the territory of the United States and immigrate through the process known as ‘Consular Processing’. Note, that the 90-day admission cannot be extended, so it is important for your marriage to take place within the specified period.

Request a Free Case Evaluation

Submit a risk-free chargeless consultation inquiry with your immigration attorney